* [9fans] Timezone file for Riyadh, KSA
@ 2008-04-21  8:32 John Waters
From: John Waters @ 2008-04-21  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello and good morning,
I have recently relocated to Riyadh, KSA and have decided to spend my
now all-too-copious free time learning the ins and outs of Plan 9. One
nagging problem for me, however, is the lack of a AST timezone file.

I am curious if it is at all possible for:

1) Someone to throw one together for me, or (better still)
2) Explain to me the format of the file.

Also, are there any other plan 9 users in Saudi? :)

Thanks,
John Waters, no relation to the director.

* Re: [9fans] Timezone file for Riyadh, KSA
@ 2008-04-21  9:33 ` sqweek
From: sqweek @ 2008-04-21  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 4:32 PM, John Waters <jcwjr215@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello and good morning,
>  I have recently relocated to Riyadh, KSA and have decided to spend my
>  now all-too-copious free time learning the ins and outs of Plan 9. One
>  nagging problem for me, however, is the lack of a AST timezone file.
>
>  I am curious if it is at all possible for:
>
>  1) Someone to throw one together for me, or (better still)
>  2) Explain to me the format of the file.

 The format is documented in ctime(2). Probably more readably than I
am about to attempt ;)

<abbreviation> <gmt offset [seconds]> <DST abbreviation> <DST gmt
offset [seconds]>
<start of first DST period [seconds since the epoch (start of 1970)]>
<end of first dst period [seconds since epoch]> <start of second DST
period> <end of second DST period> ...

-sqweek

* Re: [9fans] Timezone file for Riyadh, KSA
@ 2008-04-21 10:55 ` gas
From: gas @ 2008-04-21 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

As far as i know, Saudi Arabia is at UTC+3h and has no daylight savings time, so

AST 10800 AST 10800

should do. (C.f. Arizona.)

> I have recently relocated to Riyadh, KSA and have decided
> to spend my
> now all-too-copious free time learning the ins and outs of
> Plan 9. One
> nagging problem for me, however, is the lack of a AST
> timezone file.
>
> I am curious if it is at all possible for:
>
> 1) Someone to throw one together for me, or (better still)
> 2) Explain to me the format of the file.
>
> Also, are there any other plan 9 users in Saudi? :)
>
> Thanks,
> John Waters, no relation to the director.

Låna pengar utan säkerhet. Jämför vilkor online hos Yahoo!
http://shopping.yahoo.se/c-100390123-lan-utan-sakerhet.html?partnerId=96915014

* Re: [9fans] Timezone file for Riyadh, KSA
@ 2008-04-21 11:28   ` John Waters
From: John Waters @ 2008-04-21 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: smurfasmurf, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi gas,

After reviewing ctime's man page I came to the same conclusion.
I just tried it out and it appears to be just smurfy.

Thanks all,
jcw

@ 2008-04-21 19:11     ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2008-04-21 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)