* [9fans] more porting questions from newbie
@ 2006-03-15  8:05 Fernan Bolando
       [not found] ` <84fbfa983a05af9590554e9b75b87a3e@terzarima.net>
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2006-03-15  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I found a thread in 9fans archive about undefined _main in .a libs
****** from 9fans archive ***************************
andrey mirtchovski wrote:
> cc   -o ocamlrun  prims.o libcamlrun.a
> _main: undefined: main in _main
I was able to fix this by not creating .a libs.
However there was no final decision on how it should be handled.

thanks
,Fernan

--
Public PGP/GnuPG key (http://www.fernski.com)
pub 1024D/3576CA71 2006-02-02 Fernan Bolando

* Re: [9fans] more porting questions from newbie
@ 2006-03-15  9:33 ` Charles Forsyth
       [not found] ` <84fbfa983a05af9590554e9b75b87a3e@terzarima.net>
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2006-03-15  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fernanbolando, 9fans

> I found a thread in 9fans archive about undefined _main in .a libs
> ****** from 9fans archive ***************************
> andrey mirtchovski wrote:
>> cc   -o ocamlrun  prims.o libcamlrun.a
>> _main: undefined: main in _main

it is complaining that `main' is undefined but called by
a function `_main'.  `_main' is in the C startup code, and is
provided by the C library.  i'm not sure
why the linker doesn't pick up `main' if it is in the library.

if you give ape's cc the -v option, it will give a little trace
of loading of object files and libraries, which might help

@ 2006-03-16  5:33   ` Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2006-03-16  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On 3/16/06, Charles Forsyth <forsyth@terzarima.net> wrote:
> it's intentional, in that the automatic dependency loading (the `autolib'
> messages)
> is done only for libraries referenced implicitly (by #pragma lib lines in
> #include files),
> and that is done after all explicitly named object files and libraries are
> dealt with in
> command line order.

sorry for taking this out of 9fans. I am not used to using gmail as my
main interface
Charles thanks

,Fernan