* [9fans] Opinion on the Nova Lite PX20 as cpu server
@ 2009-01-30  3:13 Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2009-01-30  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi all

I am planning to a get a complete small footprint computer. I found
the Asus Nova Lite Px20

Is this going to be a challenging, guru level install? The ethernet
card seems to be an atheros L2 so it's probably not supported.

Operation System
Genuine            Windows(R) XP Home,
CPU	            Intel Mobile CPU /FSB 400MHz /L2 Cache: 2MB
Graphics	910GML Express
Memory	            1 G, DDR 400
Hard Drive	SATA 120 G
Optical Drive	Slim Type Slot-in SuperMulti DVD-RW
Ethernet	10/100 Mbps
Rear Port Connector	USB 2.0 x4
RJ45 x1
DVI-I Out
Dimension (W x H x D)	242x184x51 (mm)

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=20&l2=115&l3=0&l4=0&model=2136&modelmenu=1

fernan
--
http://www.fernski.com

* Re: [9fans] Opinion on the Nova Lite PX20 as cpu server
@ 2009-01-30 15:20 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-01-30 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fernanbolando, 9fans

> I am planning to a get a complete small footprint computer. I found
> the Asus Nova Lite Px20
>
> Is this going to be a challenging, guru level install? The ethernet
> card seems to be an atheros L2 so it's probably not supported.

no support for the l1x, l1e or l2 atheros wired cards.

i'm not recommending the machine because i just glanced at
the specs, but why not go with something that's a little more
straightforwardly supported like (literally the first thing that
popped up):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856107034

- erik

* [9fans] Opinion on the Nova Lite PX20 as cpu server
@ 2009-01-30  3:16 Fernan Bolando