From: Fernan Bolando <fernanbolando@mailc.net>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Intel atom motherboard - success at last
Date: Fri,  7 Aug 2009 07:10:45 +0800	[thread overview]

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 2:43 AM, Steve Simon<steve@quintile.net> wrote:
> I have had loads of problems trying to build a new machine,
> Erik has helpd way beyond the call of duty, and finally I
> have a working machine.
>
> The problems where:
>        realteck rtl8169 GigE - erik's driver works a treat
>        An intermitant PSU - RMA'ed to supplier
>        SATA - Eriks new sd driver works nicely
>        A PATA DVDRW which devata ignores.
>
> So, all sorted but now I need an IDE (parallel) DVDRW
> drive which does work. I was going to just buy a Plexstor
> drive as being the reliable name but they seem to be silly money.
>
> anyone any suggestions?

Hi Steve

Its almost the weekend here and I finally had time to try Eriks iso on
my atom motherboard.
What configuration did you use?

I currently have the follwing
memory 2Gig
sata harddisk 320Gig
ide dvdrw liteon

I went through all the default during the install and during fmtfossil
I got a few

matherror ....something and it crashed. I t wen too fast for me to take notes.

I tried again and check the defaults that the installer was setting
and decided to diable DMA.
It didn't crash after that, however after letting it sit for 11 Hours
it is still in fmtfossil stage.
I can still the disk activity light so I guess it's still doing fmtfossil.

During the install it gave me the follwing disk prep.
30Gig fossil
24Gig isect
240Gig arenas

I will try send out some more details later.

thanks.
fernan

--
http://www.fernski.com