From: "Skip Tavakkolian" <fst@centurytel.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Archiving appliance
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:22:16 -0700	[thread overview]

One of my clients recently had an RFC for a document management
system.  The process was well underway before I got there.  Had I been
there early enough, it would have been worthwhile to propose a Plan9
solution for about a quarter of the average price from other vendors.
I went through a rough cost estimate exercise.  One chunk of the effort
would have to go to maturing SMB and NFS servers, and adding in a
snapshot-on-change feature; Another would be to build an automatic
mechanism for indexing of the content and correlating it with
fossil/venti snapshots.

I think this would be the same issue for caching servers. Relating
what the user is looking for with a snapshot will be the key.

Maybe that is what rob is working on at google. maybe not.