From: bobf@plan9.bell-labs.com bobf@plan9.bell-labs.com
Subject: [9fans] awk
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 18:29:52 -0500	[thread overview]

> Conversely, if I recall correctly, the verison that shipped with the
> second edition wasn't the most recent.  Ditto for ksh.

to answer vladimir's question, the plan 9 port of awk
is useless without plan 9: you need plan 9 both to build
it and to run it, so there is no reason to release other
than as part of the system.

the version of awk that we ship is always ported from
brian's most recent version in his home directory and
is therefore in sync with what brian is currently releasing.

we are trying to port the new ksh, but it is a total
mess so i don't know if we'll get it done in time,
but we are trying.