From: forsyth@vitanuova.com forsyth@vitanuova.com
Subject: [9fans] Hardware and Network Config Questions
Date: Thu,  4 May 2000 13:09:41 +0100	[thread overview]

>>The second hardware problem concerns the 3Com905BX 10/100MB card I
>>bought for BeOS. This doesn't work with either the 3Com 503 or 589
>>driver that comes with the boot disk. The distribution I have is pretty
>>old. I was wondering if there were any updates that will allow me to use
>>this card.

there are, based on jmk's brazil drivers and back-ported to plan 9 by various
people (in two different ways), but it is sufficiently painful to distribute because the variant
that makes it straightforward to drop brazil drivers in, and thus keep them
up to date, also relies on changes to the pci subsystem, small changes to the
stream subsystem and i'm not sure what else.  might be easier to wait for
the new release, but if you're eager, i can give you what i use.
i might be exaggerating the difficulties.