* stupid! Stupid!Re: [9fans] re: license terms?
@ 2000-05-04 13:17 Russ
From: Russ @ 2000-05-04 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Why end your computer program newsgroup's name with the suffix "Plan9"????

Because we are all interested in the future, for that is
where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.

Russ

* stupid! Stupid!Re: [9fans] re: license terms?
@ 2000-05-04  9:56 dougbaker
From: dougbaker @ 2000-05-04  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

     Life is not so expansive on my planet. We don't cling to it like you
do. Our entire aim is for the development of our planet.
    First, it was your firecracker...a harmless explosive. Then your
hand-grenade--you began to kill your people a few at a time. Then, the
bomb...then, a larger bomb. Many people are killed at one time. Then your
scientists stumbled upon the atom bomb...split the atom. Then, the hydrogen
bomb, where you actually exploded the atmosphere itself. Now, your kind
brings the total destruction of the entire Universe served by our own sun.
All that's left is the Solarbenite Bomb.
    Your scientists will stumble upon it, as they have all the others...but
the juvenile minds which you possess will NOT COMPREHEND ITS STRENGTH UNTIL
IT'S TOO LATE! ... You see? You See? Your stupid minds! STUPID! STUPID!
    It's because of men like you that all must be destroyed. Headstrong.
Violent. No use of the mind that God gave you.
                     ---Eros, an emissary from a far more advanced
civilization of cross-dressers.
                         Ed Wood's "Plan 9 From Outer Space."
    I apologize for my intrusion, but it was intended as a gesture of peace,
and the hope that your group is not involved in the quest for World
Domination. Why end your computer program newsgroup's name with the suffix
"Plan9"???? People will stumble upon it with the ease of word-association
programs. I did.
    Don't you realize how ominous-sounding "Plan9" is to all who have seen
the movie and understand its underlying theme? Please don't "disappear" me
or give me an anal probe. I come in Peace.
    I hope this brought a few "wry smiles." You folks could probably benefit
from some humorous distractions in your lives. I hope you did.