From: Jolt-Freak stephen@ph01480.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: [9fans] Re: PC capability
Date: Mon,  8 May 2000 09:14:19 +0000	[thread overview]

Problem is that in a world where money rules all the cheapest (and
often worse) things succed. I am still at school and out of everyone
in my year (around 150 people) only around 3 knew about other
operating systems. A fair amount think that windows is the only
operating system, and the same thing is true of hardware, the majority
do not even know that thier are computers other than *86 based
machines. I can see myself that it would be great for each system to
have scsi instead of ide but i can also see that these people do not
care, they just want a fast comptuer (fast meaning whatever the man in
the shop says is fast) and they want it as cheap as possible, IDE
disks are now almost as fast as scsi disks and they are so much
cheaper that manufactures have to use ide drives to simply compete.

Jolt-Freak