From: Lucio De Re lucio@proxima.alt.za
Subject: [9fans] encrypt(void*, void*, int) and authentication
Date: Mon,  8 May 2000 12:45:41 +0000	[thread overview]

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 03:12:57PM +0400, Roman V. Shaposhnick wrote:
> If yes, than, please, tell me whether 'encrypt(void*, void*, int)' uses
> classical DES algorithm ( as described in Bruce Schneier: Applied Cryptography.
> John Wiley & Sons, 1994. and implemented in libdes ) or not.

I used des.c straight out of Phil Karn's implementation, although I can't
quite remember where I found it, and I'm sure it ttok very little
adjustment.  If you need more details, mail me privately.

(I used des.c for the 9auth implementation under NetBSD, I must confess
I can't remember whether I ever tested it against the real thing).

I am curious about implementing 9fs for Linux, I presume you're
looking at 9P, as u9fs works out the box on NetBSD, so I can't
imagine any difficulties with Linux.

I've been dreaming of adding IL to the IP stack on NetBSD, and more
recently adding VNC to 9P (the latter without even looking at VNC's
protocol, so I'm merely dreaming...)

Anyway, anything that propagates the plan 9 faith always appeals
to my curiosity :-)

++L