* [9fans] I need help with ViRGE based video card
@ 2000-06-01 20:35 jmk
From: jmk @ 2000-06-01 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

The ViRGE requires code both in aux/vga and in the kernel vgas3 driver.
I did have this exact card at one time but it has disappeared, probably
into someone's home terminal, so I can't check which exact ViRGE chip it
has. When trying out a new VGA card, a multisync monitor is a must.

If you can be patient a little longer, some new code may come your way
(along with some new problems...).

* [9fans] I need help with ViRGE based video card
@ 2000-06-01 15:20 Peter
From: Peter @ 2000-06-01 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have an updated vgadb with an entry for the card I'm trying to use, a Diamond
Stealth 3D 2000 vers. 1.04 and I have what I think is a recent virge.c. I have c
ompiled the virge.c and yet I still cannot get the card to work in any res > 640x480x1. It is connected to a Sun 17" monitor, but I have left monitor=vga
in my plan9.ini. Could that be the source of my problem. Do I need to do
anything special once I compile virge.c to get the new code to work? Perhaps
I do not have the correct version of virge.c as I know that there are a ton of
S3 ViRGE chipsets. If anybody has a newer version or ideas as to what is wrong
I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me.

Peter LeBlond
pdl@borf.com