* [9fans] LSI Logic/Symbios/NCR SCSI support
@ 2000-06-06 10:21 Douglas
From: Douglas @ 2000-06-06 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nigel Roles wrote:
> Current the best known OEM for LSI/Symbios/NCR boards are Tekram.

ASUS (mostly a motherboard maker) makes one (810 based) that
I have had good luck with, and the BIOSes on many of their
motherboards include the LSI(NCR,Symbios) SCSI support code,
meaning among other things that one can boot a SCSI disk.

* [9fans] LSI Logic/Symbios/NCR SCSI support
@ 2000-06-07  8:35 Anssi
From: Anssi @ 2000-06-07  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is a nice discussion of Rob's systems research comments in Slashdot:

(register and set yout thresold at 3 or higher)

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/06/06/1151209&mode=nested

* [9fans] LSI Logic/Symbios/NCR SCSI support
@ 2000-06-02  8:38 Nigel
From: Nigel @ 2000-06-02  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Any card containing one of the following chips is supported

NCR53C810
SYM53C810ALV
SYM53C810A
SYM53C810AP
NCR53C815
NCR53C825
SYM53C825A
SYM53C860
SYM53C860LV
SYM53C875r1
SYM53C875
SYM53C875j
SYM53C885
SYM53C895
SYM53C896

That is, every chip but the Ultra-160 variant, the 53C1010.
This is not rocket science, I just don't have access to one to test it.

Current the best known OEM for LSI/Symbios/NCR boards are Tekram.
(www.tekram.com). They do have some models which are not based
on these chips. The good models (not all current) are

DC-310, DC-310U, DC-390U, DC390W, DC-390F, DC-390U2B, DC-390U2W

LSI boards are fine too, of course. This URL is LSI's list of
OEMs...

http://www.lsilogic.com/techsupp/support+drivers/otheroem.html

There is also at least one German company, but I've lost track of the name.