* Vs: [9fans] Is this a good time to discuss Plan 9 accessories?
@ 2000-06-10 12:30 Anssi Porttikivi
From: Anssi Porttikivi @ 2000-06-10 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I can't help bragging about the fact that I once received a nice free
package of Inferno promotion stuff from Lucent, including a T-shirt and a
latte mug, for "being such an ardent fan".

I have to start working for a similar Plan 9 status. ;-) Of course I was a
fan even before Inferno.

BTW, other outspoken influental Plan 9 fans in the past have been John
Carmack and Linus Torvalds. Expect praise from them... And you know,
Microsoft was an "Inferno beta tester", and Mr. Gates did mention Inferno in
his congress speech, as a competitor...

Another prediction: Plan 9 will soon run on all gaming platforms and will be
the universal solution to multi-platform game development and game
networking...well, what the heck, Plan 9 will be the universal solution to
all computing.

* Re: Vs: [9fans] Is this a good time to discuss Plan 9 accessories?
@ 2000-06-10 12:36 ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2000-06-10 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 03:30:24PM +0300, Anssi Porttikivi wrote:

> Another prediction: Plan 9 will soon run on all gaming platforms and will be
> the universal solution to multi-platform game development and game
> networking...well, what the heck, Plan 9 will be the universal solution to
> all computing.

 From flattery to sycophanty (sp?).  Trying real hard to earn your Team-Plan-9
tee-shirt?  :-)  :-)  :-)

++L

PS: Ain't looked at V3 yet, but if it's better than V2, you may just be right.