From: "James A. Robinson" <jim.robinson@stanford.edu>
To: Hiroki Tamakoshi <hiroki-t@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
Subject: [9fans] Dvorak
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 13:10:02 -0700	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="x-unknown", Size: 1379 bytes --]

> By the way, I'm a Dvorak user and therefore it is difficult to study
> Plan 9 with ordinary qwerty layout. How can I remap the layout to Drovak?

I haven't checked out the new system, but unless they added some of
forsythe's hacks you may have to do some work to get a qwerty->dvorak
mapping to work.  I'm curious why one can't just buy a keyboard mapped
to dvorak already?

------- Forwarded Messages

Date:    Mon, 25 Sep 1995 19:55:43 -0400
From:    cort@cs.nmt.edu (Cort)
To:      9fans
Subject: dvorak keyboard layout

Is there a way to swap keys around to emulate a dvorak keyboard with a
normal one?  I couldn't find anything in the man pages of documentation I
have.

------- Message 2

Date:    Mon, 25 Sep 1995 21:57:49 -0400
From:    presotto@plan9.att.com
To:      9fans
Subject: re: dvorak keyboard layout

Nope, hack kbd.c.

------- Message 3

Date:    Tue, 26 Sep 1995 06:15:06 -0400
From:    forsyth@plan9.cs.york.ac.uk
To:      9fans@cs.psu.edu
Subject: keyboard layout

>>Is there a way to swap keys around to emulate a dvorak keyboard with a
>>normal one?

i've got small changes to kbd.c and a rudimentary #κ device that exports
a kbmap file.  you can echo things to it to change some of the maps.
i haven't yet defined a sensible interface between it and kbd.c;
currently it is PC only, but that should change.