* Re: [9fans] CPU server auth
@ 2000-06-23 13:29 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-06-23 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

	cpu: can't authenticate: banana: writing /dev/authenticator: bad arg in system call

this almost always means your password
is typed wrong.  it is worth looking at
/sys/log/auth on the authentication server.
there should be two entries, one saying
that authentication for pip was okay, and
another saying that the bootes -> pip
transformation was okay.

* [9fans] CPU server auth
@ 2000-06-23  4:08 narteh
From: narteh @ 2000-06-23  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm having a bit of trouble connecting to my cpu
server. I've been through the whole setup,
and installed a user 'pip' in the auth database
on the cpu server. Also, I added a line like
	hostid=pip
		uid=pip
to the cpuservers /lib/ndb/auth.

If I try to cpu to the cpuserver (banana):

	namaste% cpu -h banana
	cpu: can't authenticate: banana: writing /dev/authenticator: bad arg in system call

I looked at the man pages for authfs(4), auth(2)
and a few other which seemed to be relevant, but
... Also looked into /sys/src/cmd/authfs.c.

Anyway, anyone care to save me some time and
clarify whats going on ? thanks ;)
-
pip