From: rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] cc and more
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:48:11 -0400	[thread overview]

  And... I'm getting corruption on certain files coming off of dos partitions.
  For example, the wrap.tgz update worked fine, but the 06070617.9gz doesn't
  come over as a valid gzip (works fine from linux, though).  Someone else on
  the list mentioned something that sounded similar.

I assume the md5sums produced by Linux and Plan 9 are different?
(It could be our gzip rather than dossrv, but that seems unlikely.)

  And really lastly, what happened to ext2srv (or whatever) used on the install
  floppy?  It doesn't seem to be in the distribution...

Ext2srv is a program I've been carrying around for a while but
isn't in the main source tree; it was a beta program a couple
years ago, is now outdated, and almost certainly some bugs
lurk in it.  I changed it for the install process to open the disk
read only mode so as not to hurt disks.  Forsyth has something
(ext2fs) on his web page that may work better.  If you type
ext2fs (or ext2srv) into google I'm sure you'll come up with it.

Russ