* Re: [9fans] Booting; NE2000 Setup
@ 2000-07-10 12:09 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-07-10 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bruce.g.stewart, 9fans

you've probably got an old 9fat.
this is what it should look like.

olive% cat /bin/9fat:
#!/bin/rc

rfork e
part=`{ls /dev/sd*/9fat >[2]/dev/null}
if(~ $#part 0) {
	echo 'no 9fat partition found' >[1=2]
	exit no.9fat
}

part=$part(1)

if(! test -f /srv/dos)
	dossrv >/dev/null </dev/null >[2]/dev/null

unmount /n/9fat >/dev/null >[2]/dev/null
mount -c /srv/dos /n/9fat $part
olive%

* Re: [9fans] Booting; NE2000 Setup
@ 2000-07-10  9:56 ` Bruce G. Stewart
From: Bruce G. Stewart @ 2000-07-10  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

% 9fat:
% cd /n/9fat
% ls

@ 2000-07-10  9:56 ` chris
From: chris @ 2000-07-10  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Kevin, just

  term %  9fat:

and then edit it in /n/9fat

[I don't have the machine up at the moment, so that's as close
as I can say without verifying it.]

You had the right idea, but '9fat:' comes first -- it is in
the documentation somewhere, but I had to hunt around to
find it.  The copy of plan9.ini there is the one that is
loaded at boot time, if you chose the 'plan9' method of
booting.

It is uniquely identified because it has the install URL
in it as one of the parameters -- you'll recognize it from
the one on the original install floppy.

Chris

* Re: [9fans] Booting; NE2000 Setup
@ 2000-07-09  6:10 pip
From: pip @ 2000-07-09  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mcquiggi, 9fans

namaste% 9fat:
namaste% cd /n/9fat
namaste% lc
9load 9pcdisk plan9.ini
namaste%

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2815 bytes --]

From: Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Booting; NE2000 Setup
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 18:14:45 -0700

@ 2000-07-09  4:02 ` Kevin McQuiggin
From: Kevin McQuiggin @ 2000-07-09  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pip; +Cc: 9fans

This worked fine, thanks!!! My NE2000 is now working!

Kevin

At 02:10 AM 7/9/00 -0400, pip@namaste.stricca.org wrote:
>namaste% 9fat:
>namaste% cd /n/9fat