From: Richard <ru@ohio.river.org>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] command history
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:24:35 -0700	[thread overview]

Russ Cox writes:

>^w will delete the current word,
>in the editors and in rio.  and ^u
>the current line.

good point.  so let me clarify.  ile recognized the following commands,
some of which are not in the Plan 9 style because they do things the
mouse can easily do, like move the cursor.

what is slightly Plan 9ish about ile is that it "sits between"
the terminal emulator and the shell (or any other cooked-mode program).
this got me thinking that a Plan-9 port of ile could sit between
a rio window and rc (or any other line-at-a-time program).  just
a suggestion.

            ^B      - backward_char
            ^E      - end_of_line
            ^F      - forward_char
            ^K      - erase_to_end_of_line
            ^L      - retype_line
            ^N      - forward_history
            ^P      - backward_history
            ^R      - search_backward_history
            ^V      - quote
            ^T      - transpose_chars
            del     - delete_char
            ^M      - add_to_history
            ^J      - add_to_history
            ^U      - erase_line
            ^X      - delete_char_under

            esc b   - backward_word
            esc f   - forward_word
            esc del - delete_word
            esc esc - complete_file
            esc s   - complete_file_full
            esc p   - query_path
            esc d   - show_files
            esc u   - upper_word
            esc l   - lower_word
            esc c   - capitalize_word

            esc [ A - backward_history (up arrow)
            esc [ B - forward_history  (down arrow)
            esc [ C - forward_char     (right arrow)
            esc [ D - backward_char    (left arrow)