* [9fans] Microsoft
@ 2000-07-18 17:10 mike
From: mike @ 2000-07-18 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

What got them in trouble was not integrating a browser into Windows per se,
but the fact that they did that in order to extend their monopoly in OS's
(Windows) into the browser market.

Now if Plan 9 were running on 90% of the desktops in the world, perhaps we
should be cautious about integrating web access into it.  Somehow, I don't
think this is a big concern right now!  :-)

* Re: [9fans] Microsoft
@ 2000-07-21  8:34 ` Alt
From: Alt @ 2000-07-21  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

mike@x.bell-labs.com wrote:

> What got them in trouble was not integrating a browser into Windows per se,
> but the fact that they did that in order to extend their monopoly in OS's
> (Windows) into the browser market.
>
> Now if Plan 9 were running on 90% of the desktops in the world, perhaps we
> should be cautious about integrating web access into it.  Somehow, I don't
> think this is a big concern right now!  :-)

Hi.

Yes, your words are funny.
However, I think that Plan9 could serve as a ground of best OS for native
users.
It (Plan9) have everything which is requaired for it.

Just made an envirement (KDE like) + some hardware drivers,
and you got better OS for native users.

Plan9 enough flexible to be adapted for such tasks.

Just one problem: nobody like to do such envirement. And me to. :)

Bye.
                             --the Alternative.