From: arisawa@ar.aichi-u.ac.jp
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] communication between v2 and v3
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:52:42 -0400	[thread overview]

Hello,

I am in trouble.
I swapped my ether card from ne2000 to 3c905b.
The machine is standalone Plan9v3 terminal.
The result is weird.
The machine can communicate with UNIX using telnet --- not weird.
The machine turned unable to communicate with Plan9v2 servers
both on il and tcp --- weird!.
Plan9v2 servers are working as they have been --- not weird.
Snoopy can catch their packets at both end, that is, packets can
reach
the target mutually.
Their conversations suggest that v2 and v3 cannot synchronize.
All my v2 servers are running with 10M ether card,
and machines are connected using 10/100 switching HUB.

Suggestion welcome.

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp