I'm using my version of ktrans to test this, where we can change language. Yes, this is true. My point is that: > When I input Japanese like below: > > term% 日本語の入力の練習です。 I wanted to input Japanese text as a false command for rc shell, and then I expect shell will return with no such command etc. by hiiting Enter key. However, it's still in raw mode, and I have no clue to return back to cooked mode, and recognize the meaning of newline. Actually, I was also confused this nature of Enter key to newline conversion, whence my version had a serious bug for conversion from kana to kanji after hitting Enter key... Kenji