Mitsubishi is notorious for not being very forthcoming with information about their IC products. They have a very sweet dev board for the M32R/D that I tried to obtain. It was listed as being available from several distributors. However each one i called said I had to sign some sort of NDA before I could get it. I finally spoke to a representative at Mitsubishi who said he could loan one, provided he dropped it off at our premises, and we signed some kind of agreement. I've heard similar complaints about the M16C -- people seem to think it's a nice architecture, but hate the Mitsubishi sales folk. If you don't mind my asking, any particular reason for liking the M32R/D ? ;) - pip