* Re: [9fans] /mail/lib/blocked
@ 2000-10-01 23:46 bobf
From: bobf @ 2000-10-01 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I have a question.
>
> Example file /mail/lib/blocked contains such lines as:
> *allow  63.12.0.0/16
> *block  cyberpromo.com!*
>
> The meaning of '*' at the beginning of line is not written in
> manual.
> I regarded it as one of comments, but I found these two data are
> read by smtpd and used by dommatch() in upas/smtp/spam.c
>
> What does '*' mean ?

the '*' means that the argument(s) are addresses of the
form domain!user.  if the '*' is missing the address is
assumed to be an IP address.  in the example, the
'*' on the 'allow' verb is wrong; it should read

allow	63.12.0.0/16

in summary, the rule is: lines beginning with '*'
are NOT IP addresses, they are account names;
lines that do NOT begin with '*' contain IP addresses
as arguments.

i will also fix the documentation.

* Re: [9fans] /mail/lib/blocked
@ 2006-01-24 16:16     ` Heiko Dudzus
From: Heiko Dudzus @ 2006-01-24 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

A correction:

> Smtpd runs as 'none'
> with a new namespace from scratch on every incoming connection.

Not true.  Only the listener starts in a new namespace.  (Mounting
/mail/ratify in that ns is necessary, anyway.)

* Re: [9fans] /mail/lib/blocked
@ 2006-01-24 13:29   ` Heiko Dudzus
From: Heiko Dudzus @ 2006-01-24 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks, Geoff.

> I'm using blocked and it works if you start upas/ratfs on the cpu
> server(s) that process your incoming mail.  I start it at the end of
> cpurc.local.

Ok. I hadn't ratfs running.

In addition, /lib/namespace needs adjustment.  Smtpd runs as 'none'
with a new namespace from scratch on every incoming connection.
So, /mail/ratify must be mounted by /lib/namespace.

/lib/namespace:
| mount -c #s/ratify /mail/ratify

Heiko

* Re: [9fans] /mail/lib/blocked
@ 2006-01-23 23:26 ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2006-01-23 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm using blocked and it works if you start upas/ratfs on the cpu
server(s) that process your incoming mail.  I start it at the end of
cpurc.local.

; pwd
/sys/src/cmd/ratfs
; grep blocked *
main.c:#define	CTLFILE		"/mail/lib/blocked"

* Re: [9fans] /mail/lib/blocked
@ 2006-01-23 19:08 ` Francisco J Ballesteros
From: Francisco J Ballesteros @ 2006-01-23 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'd say I´m using it. But I´d have to double check.

On 1/23/06, Heiko Dudzus <heiko.dudzus@gmx.de> wrote:
> Is anyone actually using /mail/lib/blocked?
>
> I'd like the mail server to deny access from certain dialup-networks,
> according to smtpd(6).  The rules seem to get ignored by smtpd.
> (/mail/lib/blocked exists and is world readable).
>
> In fact, I can't find any reference to /mail/lib/blocked in
> /sys/src/cmd/upas/smtp/*.
>
> Heiko

* [9fans] /mail/lib/blocked
@ 2006-01-23 17:07 Heiko Dudzus
From: Heiko Dudzus @ 2006-01-23 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-10-01 22:48 arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2000-10-01 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I have a question.

Example file /mail/lib/blocked contains such lines as:
*allow  63.12.0.0/16
*block  cyberpromo.com!*

The meaning of '*' at the beginning of line is not written in
manual.
I regarded it as one of comments, but I found these two data are
read by smtpd and used by dommatch() in upas/smtp/spam.c

What does '*' mean ?

Thanks,

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail:arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp