* [9fans] Does 9fans-digest still exist?
@ 2000-11-01 17:13 ` Henner Gratz
From: Henner Gratz @ 2000-11-01 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello!

I haven't got a digest for a relative long. Does this list still exist?
(I've tried to mail to 9fans-digest-request, but got an "unknown user" error.)

Any hints?

regards,

	Henner Gratz

* Re: [9fans] Does 9fans-digest still exist?
@ 2000-11-01 18:24   ` Dharani Vilwanathan
From: Dharani Vilwanathan @ 2000-11-01 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I think it tries to match the mailid of the request mail with the one you used
for subscribing the mailling list. If there is a mismatch, it causes trouble.

Regards
dharani

@ 2000-11-01 19:58   ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2000-11-01 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

| I haven't got a digest for a relative long.
| Does this list still exist?

Yes, and you're still on the list (hpg@logistik.uni-bremen.de), but not
on the digest.

More generally, if mail bounces for too long, you'll be unsubscribed
automatically.

| (I've tried to mail to 9fans-digest-request, but got an "unknown user" error.)

Send to 9fans-request, or use the web page
  http://lists.cse.psu.edu/mailing_lists/listinfo/9fans

(The local sysadmins recently switched all our mailing lists to this
new system; there may be some wrinkles still.)

* Re: [9fans] Does 9fans-digest still exist?
@ 2000-11-02 12:09     ` Henner Gratz
From: Henner Gratz @ 2000-11-02 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> | I haven't got a digest for a relative long.
> | Does this list still exist?
>
> Yes, and you're still on the list (hpg@logistik.uni-bremen.de), but not
> on the digest.
>
> More generally, if mail bounces for too long, you'll be unsubscribed
> automatically.
Very strange! Our (my) mailserver wasn't down a minute in the last few months.
Although I've got messages from the 9fans-list everyday. However, thank you
for the informations.

> | (I've tried to mail to 9fans-digest-request, but got an "unknown user" error.)
>
> Send to 9fans-request, or use the web page
>   http://lists.cse.psu.edu/mailing_lists/listinfo/9fans
In the last time there are a lot of messages for 9fans-request that made it
into the "real" mail list. Is it possible, that the list server inserts a wrong
reply-address to the subscription-confirmations?

> (The local sysadmins recently switched all our mailing lists to this
> new system; there may be some wrinkles still.)
Nobody and nothing is perfect.

Thank you again and good-bye for now.

With best regards,

	Henner Gratz

--

Universität Bremen                            Email: hpg@logistik.uni-bremen.de
Lehrstuhl für Logistik                        Tel. : (0421) 218-3117