* Re: Re[2]: [9fans] Re: Perl5 & kenji arisawa's perl question
@ 2000-11-07 17:04 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2000-11-07 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>well section 6 tells you it's a game.  it was a tso
>>[time sharing option?] 'simulation'.  i think i saw
>>it in 8th ed, but i'm not sure.

it was a version of the unix shell (5th/6th edition) with prompts, diagnostics and other text
modified to reflect the IEH2374I INVALID DATA SET NAME style of TSO;
it also stty'd lcase so input and output was of course UPPER CASE.
i remember it had judiciously placed sleeps the better to mimic the full TSO feel.

* Re: Re[2]: [9fans] Re: Perl5 & kenji arisawa's perl question
@ 2000-11-07 16:44 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2000-11-07 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

From: <steve.simon@snellwilcox.com>

> but what is tso(6)?

well section 6 tells you it's a game.  it was a tso
[time sharing option?] 'simulation'.  i think i saw
it in 8th ed, but i'm not sure.

check out:

    http://osr4.berkeley.edu/Public/TECH/TUTORIALS/tso.html

* Re[2]: [9fans] Re: Perl5 & kenji arisawa's perl question
@ 2000-11-07 16:24 steve.simon
From: steve.simon @ 2000-11-07 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I know I'am going to regret this :-)

but what is tso(6)?

Any relation to the rje support the pwb?

-Steve