* [9fans] newns
@ 2000-11-10  8:28 arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2000-11-10  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

I have a question on the system library function "newns":
newns does not inform the line in /lib/namespace*
when it failed in building namespace.
That is, function "nsop" in newns.c does not check the result status
of the functions bind, mount, ... etc.
Are there anything wrong if newns returns when
it failed in executing these commands and report the problem ?

P.S.
I thought of that, because httpd does not work on my cpu server
with 9pccpudisk.
httpd fails at:
becomenone(char *namespace)
{	...
	if(newns("none", nil) < 0)
		sysfatal("can't build normal namespace: %r");
}
of httpd.c, and the problem comes from:
mount -a /srv/net /net
in /lib/namespace

Of course I added a patch to newns to report the problem.

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp

* Re: [9fans] newns
@ 2000-11-10  8:50 nigel
From: nigel @ 2000-11-10  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yes, I'd noticed that. The ftp namespace is similar as well.
If you don't have /usr/web then anonymous users see
_everything_.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1846 bytes --]