We've been diddling around with the extra buttons on the AccuPoint and the iPaq/Bitsy. It's early to tell, but it looks like there are some interesting possibilities. Please play and see if you come up with ideas. Go to /sys/src/libdraw/mouse.c and delete the the line that masks the buttons with 7. Then rio will get the buttons delivered to it. You can then figure out how to get the buttons from the mouse to the driver, and rio will get them. I'm pretty sure the system went out with a mouse driver that supports the AccuPoint, which is a variant of the Intellimouse, and has its lunatic versions of buttons 4 and 5. The important point is that those buttons do move through the system. (Rio didn't care beforehand because aux/accupoint remaps these two buttons to button two; the iPaq uses six buttons and rio now does a few things with these.) Happy hacking. -rob