Sorry I made mistake to attach a file. Once again. I found a patch to this Dynabook notebook's 3mode floppy for linux of some version (it's not so important because we know what is neccessary to set it up). That is from sengoku@sdl.hitachi.co.jp, and is included (sorry for Japanese). I'll do this from now. For someone who does not read Japanese, here is my short comment. His post consists of two part, the former is not so proper, because it causes serious speed down to linux. The latter half is the patch for it. We are Plan 9 users, so we may have some other effects. :-) Kenji