From: Micah Stetson <micah@cnm-vra.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] plan 9 and multiboot
Date: Sat,  6 Jan 2001 23:22:35 -0800	[thread overview]

> active, it boots.  If you have another boot loader like
> NTLDR or LILO jump to that partition, it should boot,
> although I haven't tried recently.

It certainly does work.  I was using LILO to switch between
Plan 9 and Linux up until I got fed up with having to leave
Plan 9 to use Linux.  Now my desktop machine runs only Plan 9
and the GNU/Linux box has been put off in another corner of
the room where I can access it with vncviewer if I really
feel the need.  Mutliboot works, but it's a pain if you have
to switch very often.

On another topic, why are color depths greater than 8 bpp
explicitly disabled in the clgd542x driver?  I tried to find
some documentation on the chipset to see if I could add
support myself, but the company that owns the specifications
(no longer Cirrus Logic) charges $25 just to download the
information.  For that price, I might as well buy a video
card with better support (I probably have one laying around
here anyway).  However, if somebody is working on improving
the driver, I'll just wait and save myself the trouble of
digging up another video adapter.

Micah