From: okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Japanese Font
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:13:22 +0900	[thread overview]

Well, I've been testing those various sized Japanese fonts in our environment,
and got an different view from the first impression below.

>In my case, I editted as follows:
>
>lucidasans/unicode.6.font	for 10x10 Kanji
>lucida/unicode.5.font		for 12x10 kanji
>lucida/unicode.6.font		for 14x14 kanji
>lucida/unicode.7.font		for 16x16 kanji
>lucida/unicode.8.font		for 20x20 kanji
>lucida/unicode.10.font		for 24x24 kanji
>lucida/unicode.14.font		for 32x32 kanji
>lucida/unicode.16.font		for 40x40 kanji
>lucida/unicode.20.font		for 48x48 kanji

Now, I'm incorporating those as:

lucidasans/unicode.6.font	for 10x10 Kanji
lucidasans/unicode.7.font	for 12x10 Kanji
lucidasans/unicode.8.font	for 14x14 Kanji
lucidasans/unicode.9.font	for 16x16 Kanji
lucidasans/unicode.10.font	for 20x20m Kanji
lucidasans/unicode.13.font	for 24x24 Kanji

lucidasans/boldunicode.10.font	for 20x20b Kanji
I appllied medium fonts to those tentatively, althoughwe lack other
bold faces.  This is also true for typeunidoee.*.font.

I'm now, then, using lucidasans fonts as our default fonts, because I felt
lucida fonts are too light...

The default acme proportinal font is lucidasans/euro.8.font, and I replaced
this by lucidasans/unicode.9.font for 1600x1200 desktop, and lucidasans/
unicode.8.font for 1024x768 notebook.  This is because 14x14 dotts Kanji
font does not always present right Kanji.   The lucidasans/unicode.7.font
may help you when you are using lower resolution display...

Kenji