* [9fans] TNT ASUS V3400 works; pcicfginit hangs regularly
@ 2001-04-10  9:39 Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2001-04-10  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I installed plan9 on a mchine with
  ASUS P2B-F motherboard
  ASUS V3400TNT video card.
I installed the March 27 version, without the portclock.c fix.

vgadb string:
	0xC00A3="AGP-V3400TNT"

It works, but sometimes (most of the time when I boot as glenda)
aux/vga hangs in pcicfginit.
I can work around by booting as 'none' and running aux/vga by hand,
usally first with 'aux/vga -piV' and then 'aux/vga -piVl' and then
starting rio by hand.

Could the portclock.c fix solve the problem?
I should have tried before posting, but did not yet have time
(didn't think of it at the right time - I spend some time tracing
 the problem: it hangs in the loop at the end of pcicfginit.)

Axel.

* Re: [9fans] TNT ASUS V3400 works; pcicfginit hangs regularly
@ 2001-04-11  8:19   ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2001-04-11  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> > i think it's best regarded as essential.
>
> Thanks for the reply. I'll try it, and will report the result.

I have tried it and the problem seems to have gone away. Thanks again!

@ 2001-04-10 15:45   ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2001-04-10 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i think it's best regarded as essential.  my home systems ran happily for a
> few days without it and my terminal at work was also fine, but it hung
> immediately for someone else after booting, and the ipaq was also hopeless
> without it, hardly ever getting started.

Oh my, have I been living under a rock for a while?  :-)  I haven't
heard about this portclock.c bug/fix.  Do you have a pointer to further
information?  Thanks!

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] TNT ASUS V3400 works; pcicfginit hangs regularly
@ 2001-04-10 10:08 ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2001-04-10 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-04-10 10:03 forsyth