* [9fans] plumber on new acme window
@ 2001-04-27  3:40 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2001-04-27  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8", Size: 1223 bytes --]

I'm experiencing a problem on the new 10140327.9gz (and also 03270425.9gz)
patches for plumber.

When I mount a cdrom by "Local" command for plumber on a rio's window,
I can use refleshment of plumbers namespace, and can see an image through
page2 (sorry we are still page2 here) both by "plumb" menu of rio and by
clicking right button on an acme window.
However, when I do the "Local" command in a acme window, I can see the
directory entries of the new mounted cdrom.  However, plumber does not
respond to my right button, and just treats the image for editor.

Our /sys/lib/plumb/basis and $home/lib/profile entries for this are as follows:

/sys/lib/plumb/basic
# NASA image files go to page with scrollbars
type is text
data matches '[a-zA-Z¡-￿0-9_\-./]+'
data matches '([a-zA-Z¡-￿0-9_\-./]+)\.(img|imq)'
arg isfile	$0
plumb to pdsimage
plumb client page2 -w $file
# add a file tree to Plumber's namespace
type is text
data matches 'Local (.*)'
plumb to none
plumb start rc -c $1

/usr/okamoto/lib/profile
switch($service){
case terminal
#	plumber
	@ {rfork n; srvfs plumbspace /n; plumber}
	mount -b /srv/plumbspace /n

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] plumber on new acme window
@ 2001-04-27  4:17 rsc
From: rsc @ 2001-04-27  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> When I mount a cdrom by "Local" command for plumber on a rio's window,
> I can use refleshment of plumbers namespace, and can see an image through
> page2 (sorry we are still page2 here) both by "plumb" menu of rio and by
> clicking right button on an acme window.
> However, when I do the "Local" command in a acme window, I can see the
> directory entries of the new mounted cdrom.  However, plumber does not
> respond to my right button, and just treats the image for editor.

This is because sending Local to the plumber changes
the plumber namespace, which in turn is mounted in
all the other namespaces.

Sending Local to acme only changes acme's namespace,
so the plumber doesn't see it.  Use button 3 instead of button 2
and send it to the plumber even in acme.

Russ