* [9fans] problems setting up auth service
@ 2001-06-06 13:08 presotto
From: presotto @ 2001-06-06 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've just gotten one person past their auth server problems
with the following set of instructions.  He never saw the
	password: password: ...
problem, but he did see pretty much everything else.

The instructions in start.ps are a little out of date.
I'll work on that too when I get a free minute or two.

This sets up a system as a cpu/auth server.  If you want
to run auth service from a terminal, ask me and I'll
build a different set of instructions.

0) make sure all the wraps are installed

1) build a cpu kernel that contains a kfs (local file server)

% cd /sys/src/9/pc
% mk 'CONF=pccpudisk'

2) copy it to where you boot from, you could change /n/9fat/plan9.ini
   to use a different file name to bot from but this may be easier

% 9fat:
% cp 9pccpudisk /n/9fat/9pcdisk

3) make sure there's an empty key file, keyfs screws up when it creates
  one.  create it as the user you are going to run the cpu server as.
  Call that user bootes.  You can call it whatever you want but you'ld
  better make sure you do a 'disk/kfscmd newuser newname' before you do.

% disk/kfscmd allow
% rm /adm/keys
% disk/kfscmd 'create /adm/keys bootes bootes 660'

4) make sure you have /bin/cpurc starting the following:

auth/keyfs -wp -m /mnt/keys /adm/keys >/dev/null >[2=1]
auth/cron >>/sys/log/cron >[2=1] &

if(! test -e /rc/bin/service.auth/il566){
	mv /rc/bin/service.auth/authsrv.il566 /rc/bin/service.auth/il566
	mv /rc/bin/service.auth/authsrv.tcp567 /rc/bin/service.auth/tcp567
	mv /rc/bin/service/il566 /rc/bin/service/_il566
	mv /rc/bin/service/tcp567 /rc/bin/service/_tcp567
}

# services available to networks
aux/listen -q -t /rc/bin/service.auth -d /rc/bin/service il
aux/listen -q -t /rc/bin/service.auth -d /rc/bin/service tcp

4) reboot, this time you'll come up as a cpuserver. it will ask for
   an authid, authdom, and password.  Use bootes, whatever.com, and
   whatever password you want.

5) The system will start keyfs and the right listeners.  On the console
   you can now start creating accounts.

  Start with the user that the auth server runs as.  BE SURE TO USE
  THE SAME PASSWORD YOU JUST LOGGED THE AUTH SERVER IN AS!!!!!

% auth/changeuser bootes

% auth/changeuser guest

6) Now change /lib/ndb/local on other systems to let them know where the
   auth server is.  Look at /sys/doc/start.ps for how.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-06-06 13:08 UTC | newest]