* [9fans] patch: suspend for the bitsy
@ 2001-06-12 16:26 F.J.Ballesteros
From: F.J.Ballesteros @ 2001-06-12 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

These files go at /sys/src/9/bitsy and are intended to let
9bitsy suspend/resume by pressing the on/off button.

Beware that I've tested them only on a 32M bitsy.
Beware also that you need a recent compaq bootldr installed.
I have tested it only with
	Compaq OHH BootLoader, Rev 2-14-5 [BIG_KERNEL] [MONO]
on a
	206 MHZ ARM, ver 1/part b11/step 8 bitsy

To get plan 9 booting with that bootldr, you have to apply
the patch I sent days ago for the arm il.s. (bootldr seeks into
the kernel memory to find some magic number and refuses to boot
when there's no such number).

This is what I have changed:
power.c: the code for suspend/resume
l.s:  couple of aux routines
clock.c, devµc.c, sa1100uart.c, fns.h, io.h, mem.h, screen.c,
and trap.c:  I added xxxpower() routines and sometimes I
	moved declarations of machine registers to io.h so power.c could
	access them.

Another thing I have to say is that my arm assembler knowledge is pretty
bad, in particular, l.s could shrink a lot by using movm instructions,
whose a5 syntax is not yet clear for me.

All the files changed are included in the attached .tar.gz file.

enjoy.