In any case, I now think that it would be better to prevent alarm(2) from resuming a suspended machine; otherwise the user would need to be careful not to start any periodic-alarm program (listen, etc.). By the way, I have just compiled a kernel that has /dev/resume and allows a write to set up a wake up timer. My problem now is that the bitsy is ignoring the RTC alarm I set. I'm trying to see what I did wrong... One thing I think we need is to unify the apm interface. It would be nice to have a single set of files in /dev supplying the interface to suspend/resume/battery status. Right now my stats has to try twice to display the battery status, since it has to work both with /mnt/apm and with /dev/battery. Any plans on this?