I think that would be nice. In fact, I was thinking of just adding a newramdisk: target to the mkfile, w/ something like... cat <{echo -n xxxx} oldramdisk >newramdisk On the other hand, wouldn't it be better to encourage people to use the new boot loader (since otherwise they might break their real power on switch)? Probably you know better than me which option is likely to be more adequate. BTW, I am very grateful to the one(s) who decided that sac.fs would be a tar file. In general, I'm grateful to you all for keeping Plan 9 so clean. It is orders of magnitude easier to modify/adapt it than it is for the other systems I've seen.