* [9fans] filename length
@ 2001-06-16  1:32 Matt
From: Matt @ 2001-06-16  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm frustrated by the filename maximum length.

I can't unzip the jargon file :-(
And some of my mp3 filenames dont survive.
So no using the cpuserver as an mp3 jukebox

Just wanted that on record :-)

Matt

* Re: [9fans] filename length
@ 2001-06-16 14:32 ` FJ Ballesteros
From: FJ Ballesteros @ 2001-06-16 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I think that's being addressed in 9p2000, if I'm not
mistaken.

In the mean time, I just rename the mp3 files on a
unix box.

Matt wrote:

> I'm frustrated by the filename maximum length.
>
> I can't unzip the jargon file :-(
> And some of my mp3 filenames dont survive.
> So no using the cpuserver as an mp3 jukebox
>
> Just wanted that on record :-)
>
> Matt

* Re: [9fans] filename length
@ 2001-06-16 14:50 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2001-06-16 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <002a01c0f605$e2f1a310$6401a8c0@freeze2k> you write:
>I'm frustrated by the filename maximum length.
>
>I can't unzip the jargon file :-(
>And some of my mp3 filenames dont survive.
>So no using the cpuserver as an mp3 jukebox
>
>Just wanted that on record :-)

This is one of the many perceived deficiencies that's being address
in 9P2000.

	- Dan C.