* [9fans] bug in the idefs patch for the fs kernel
@ 2001-06-26 18:02 nemo
From: nemo @ 2001-06-26 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I just found a bug in the patch to let the fs kernel work w/ ide
drives. In few words, devata.c (as found in the current patch at
http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/export/idefs.rc ) can suffer a
cmdreadywait() timeout which sometimes leads to a read/write failure.
For me that happens only when using a fast machine with one of those
40G ide disks.

If any of you is using a fast machine, a big ide disk, and the idefs
patch, beware of this. I think I fixed the bug and you'll be able to
download an updated idefs patch from the url above.  But that will be
in a couple of days (I just want to exercise the code a little bit more
before exposing your files to it).

hth

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-06-26 18:02 UTC | newest]