* [9fans] A simple namespaces/import/mount question
@ 2001-07-06 22:36 ` sdrthomas
From: sdrthomas @ 2001-07-06 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a simple, possibly dumb, question on namespaces/import/mount etc

I've got a cpu/auth/file server box with a CD-ROM drive (/dev/sdC1) and a terminal box.

I'd like to make the files on the CD-ROM drive visible on the terminal

I achieved this using a rather convoluted set of commands and wondered, is there a simpler way to do this?

On the server I did

    9660srv -f /dev/sdC1/data

and on the terminal:

    import bootes / /tmp/mnt

    mount /tmp/mnt/srv/9660 /tmp/mnt2

and that works. Is there a simpler way to do this that I'm missing?

Thanks

* Re: [9fans] A simple namespaces/import/mount question
@ 2001-07-06 22:40   ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2001-07-06 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You could also import the device and run the 9660 server
on the terminal.  Or run it on the server and mount it on
the server and then import that directory where it is mounted.
I think it's three lines however you slice it, though. :-)