Yes, we have run the bitsies in ad hoc mode, typically connected to a laptop. We would run a dhcp daemon, auth server, and file server on the laptop. We did not try to reconfigure ad hic mode dynamically; i.e., we configured the card ad hoc at start-up time. I'm almost sure we had crypto turned off. Somebody at the labs tried to connect a bitsy to a Linux box in ad hoc mode. I don't know the exact details, but I gather he could not get Linux to run ad hoc without configuring it for a base station first; in other words, he had to do the Linux ad hoc config in the presence of a base station. That's not too useful. On the bitsy, in the params page, set wvmode=adhoc wvcrypt=off You can set ipaddr=n.n.n.n ipmask=255.255.255.0 auth=n.n.n.n dns=n.n.n.n dnsdomain=xxx.com if you don't want to use dhcp Sape