* Re: [9fans] Wirelss bitsy peers?
@ 2001-09-09 20:20 David Gordon Hogan
From: David Gordon Hogan @ 2001-09-09 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> However, I have another problem in that ip/ppp keeps crashing (usually
> taking the rio window it's running in with it, so I can't see any
> residual log messages).

Is it leaving a Broken process behind?  Can you do a snap(4)
and send me the snapshot as an attachment?

* Re: [9fans] Wirelss bitsy peers?
@ 2001-09-09 14:22 Sape Mullender
From: Sape Mullender @ 2001-09-09 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Yes, we have run the bitsies in ad hoc mode, typically connected to a laptop.
We would run a dhcp daemon, auth server, and file server on the laptop.
We did not try to reconfigure ad hic mode dynamically; i.e., we configured
the card ad hoc at start-up time.  I'm almost sure we had crypto turned off.

Somebody at the labs tried to connect a bitsy to a Linux box in ad hoc mode.
I don't know the exact details, but I gather he could not get Linux to run ad
hoc without configuring it for a base station first; in other words, he had to
do the Linux ad hoc config in the presence of a base station.  That's not too
useful.

On the bitsy, in the params page, set
	wvmode=adhoc
	wvcrypt=off
You can set
	ipaddr=n.n.n.n
	ipmask=255.255.255.0
	auth=n.n.n.n
	dns=n.n.n.n
	dnsdomain=xxx.com
if you don't want to use dhcp

	Sape

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1721 bytes --]

From: Dan Cross <cross@math.psu.edu>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Wirelss bitsy peers?
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 20:20:18 -0400

Hey everyone,
   Has anyone ever tried to use a Bitsy in a wireless peer-to-peer
802.11b network (that is, an ad-hoc network, with ``mode adhoc'' being
echoed to the appropriate place)?  I'm trying to set this up for a
demo, but can't quite seem to get it to go.  Looking at the code (and
comparing against the BSD code) I don't see where the distinction
really matters that much, but it's not working.  Thanks for any info!

	- Dan C.

* [9fans] Wirelss bitsy peers?
@ 2001-09-09  0:20 Dan Cross