* [9fans] mga4xx driver issues
@ 2001-10-01 16:16 Philippe Anel
From: Philippe Anel @ 2001-10-01 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

	Sorry for the delay.
	I've just uploaded a new version of mga4xx.c on my site
http://mapage.noos.fr/philippe.anel which fixes the RID pb.

	Regards,
	Philippe.

* [9fans] mga4xx driver issues
@ 2001-10-01 13:01 phaet0n
From: phaet0n @ 2001-10-01 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello once more,

I got the mga4xx driver going by commenting
out the three lines that produce compile
errors. They were calls to trace, so I
presume it's just debugging code. Under
my old plan9.ini with display settings
set to 1024x768x8 the driver works fine,
which is good, however under 1024x768x32
the display seems to initialize however
I get a grey screen with a blue rectangle
on the left which is the same width as
the clock that is supposed to be there.
Menus and windows don't appear, but the cursor
seems to work properly. HW accel is turned off.
It's very frustrating because I have this
picture of Lianne snifting brandy, who
I _had_ this really big crush on, but
I hate seeing it dithered. I don't get
the same feeling of supreme power as I do
when I prod her with my mouse cursor at
32bits.

Sigh,

ph.

* Re: [9fans] mga4xx driver issues
@ 2001-10-01 10:38 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-10-01 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I build kernels by running mk 'CONF=pcdisk' 9pcdisk
> in /sys/src/9/pc. Is this ok as well?

just:

    mk 'CONF=pcdisk'

works fine.

try:

    mk -n all

for hints.

* [9fans] mga4xx driver issues
@ 2001-10-01  9:50 phaet0n
From: phaet0n @ 2001-10-01  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Philippe,

I'm having problems building the aux/vga
binary with the mgaG4xx driver. I get
the following errors:

mga4xx.c:521 not a member of struct/union: rid
mga4xx.c:522 not a member of struct/union: rid
mga4xx.c:530 not a member of struct/union: rid

Checking pci.h reveals that there is no
field called rid in Pcidev. I believe
that I am up-to-date wrt updates. However
I'm unsure that my method for building,
which is running mk 'ARCH=pc' install in
/sys/src is correct. Is it? I build
kernels by running mk 'CONF=pcdisk' 9pcdisk
in /sys/src/9/pc. Is this ok as well?
I feel rusty all over again, but hopefully
this driver will get me back to 32bit
colour goodness. In any case, thanks for
your work. Hopefully with this I'll be
using plan9 exclusively.