Sorry we couldn't help with the problem, but we have no working alpha and the one we did have had a DE-500 with a 21140 on it so that wouldn't have helped anyway. I've attached the current ether2114x.c with your additions, the other changes you'll find there are to accomodate cards with larger EEPROMs. I've also attached the alpha clock.c we have, it uses port/portclock.c which handles the lock problem you found already. Yes, we should make more of an effort to share drivers. Thanks for the fixes. --jim