Tried that. Things like telnet constantly read. It works sometimes, not others, ... I tried various ways to ``guess'' what the app was doing and either apply Nagle or not. I could get it to work pretty regularly with 9P but it would break with other things. I finally gave up and took it out since at least once a month it would brak something. I tried it as an option for a while but the only thing anyone wanted it for was telnet and we just don't do that anymore, ssh has replaced it and our window system line buffers.