From: jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] plan9.ini options for ide i/o port settings?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:38:18 -0500	[thread overview]

There's currently no way to do that. The device has to be recognised
from the PCI vendor and device ID in the driver.

The driver code is deliberately conservative, there are many broken
devices out there. However, it would not be much of a stretch to allow
any unrecognised controller to be used in non-DMA mode.