From: Dan Cross <cross@math.psu.edu>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] plan9 file server
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 19:19:29 -0500	[thread overview]

In article <20011213225411.18719.qmail@web9604.mail.yahoo.com> you write:
>Yes the entry for lance is in the /lib/ndb/local file
>and the fileserver is up and running.

Okay.

>But I can't ping it. I thought ping didn't work
>anyways because I'm running il protocol.

Sounds like you might have made a typo setting the IP address or
other network setting on the file server.  IL runs on top of IP,
and the ICMP protocol that ping uses more or less sits next to IP,
so you ought to be able to ping the file server regardless.

Anyway, the next step would be to double check the network
settings, I think.

	- Dan C.