* [9fans] Lowlifes who have NAT routers
@ 2002-01-16 18:53 nigel
From: nigel @ 2002-01-16 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It seems cse.psu.edu is with boyd. It just stopped accepting my
mail, indirectly because of my NAT router.

It is now checking the helo domain.

Because smtp always puts sysname on the front of the domain
for helo, my machines say helo from an invalid domain, e.g.
cpu.9fs.org.

I've added an option -H helo to smtp to force it to pretend to be
something valid and DNSable.

I was tempted to put cse.psu.edu, because I thought that
might be valid, but instead settled for being honest and put
9fs.org.

Was there a different (software) solution that I missed?

Nigel

PS Since I live behind a NAT box, I'll join Presotto against
the wall later, but since he's licked the cigarette I'll bring my own.

* Re: [9fans] Lowlifes who have NAT routers
@ 2002-01-16 23:49 ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2002-01-16 23:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

| cse.psu.edu is getting to be a pain.

Sorry about that.  I'll complain to the mail admins, but
they may not listen.

* Re: [9fans] Lowlifes who have NAT routers
@ 2002-01-16 23:33 geoff
From: geoff @ 2002-01-16 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You could set

	site = 9fs.org

in termrc and cpurc.  I do something similar.

cse.psu.edu is getting to be a pain.  It started checking reverse maps
against HELO domains or sender addresses or something a while ago, so
I initially routed mail to cse.psu.edu via my ISP's smtp server, then
got control of my reverse map from my ISP and implemented RFC 2317 in
my copy of DNS (Dave has those changes now).  Now I can send directly
to cse.psu.edu again.

* Re: [9fans] Lowlifes who have NAT routers
@ 2002-01-16 20:21 bwc
From: bwc @ 2002-01-16 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Since I did the first commercial NAT box, should I stand in front of you folks,
or behind?

  Brantley Coile

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1863 bytes --]