* [9fans] Device permissions
@ 2002-04-15 13:59 Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2002-04-15 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm busy extending the ns16552 driver for the PC to handle a multiport
card (shared IRQ, it's not quite managed by the existing driver) and
largely it is all functional.

However.  The owner of the CPU server is "proxima" and "lucio" is
listed among the group members of "proxima" (no group leader - does
that matter?):

	10008:proxima::lucio

The device I'm trying to access from either a drawterm session or a
workstation cpu session (where I'm logged on as "lucio") is:

	--rw-rw---- t 0 proxima proxima 0 Apr 15 12:47 /dev/eia000

and attempts to read the device fail:

	cpu% cat eia000
	cat: can't open eia000: permission denied

What am I missing?  I'd hate to think that permissions will turn out
to be the stumbling block in distributing access to resources.  Is
there perhaps a more congenial way of gaining access from a remote
workstation?

++L

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-04-15 13:59 UTC | newest]