* Re: [9fans] r4 issues
@ 2002-04-29 13:30 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-04-29 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

:  	Is anyone having an extremely hard time
:  with video? On entry into rio i can literally

Me too, (ATI Mach 64 on my dell i7k). But still don't
know why it looks so slow.

But otherwise, I love new stuff in the 4th ed.

* Re: [9fans] r4 issues
@ 2002-04-29 15:20 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-04-29 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the 'extremely slow video' problem appears (for us at least) when nvidia
cards are used with 'hwaccel on'.

there is something else i observed -- the geforce3 (visiontek) that used
to work fine with ed3 now has its colors mixed up badly, even though it's
recognized by the driver. i haven't tested it thoroughly yet but will do
so at first opportunity.

i guess we should've looked at why rio does this before :(

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Fco.J.Ballesteros wrote:

> :  	Is anyone having an extremely hard time
> :  with video? On entry into rio i can literally
>
> Me too, (ATI Mach 64 on my dell i7k). But still don't
> know why it looks so slow.
>
> But otherwise, I love new stuff in the 4th ed.

* [9fans] r4 issues
@ 2002-04-29  9:44 Don
From: Don @ 2002-04-29  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Heyas,
	Is anyone having an extremely hard time
with video? On entry into rio i can literally
watch the screen being drawn. First white. Then
gray. Even on a kernel compiled for the specific
machine doesn't seem to help. The card is a
Stealth 64 DRAM. Any ideas? I tried turning off
hwaccel and playing with the linear mode. No
changes. Its so slow its frustrating.
	On another note cdrom handling seems a
bit odd.. I used to be able to cat
$home/.cd0/a000 >/dev/audio with no probs but
now its extremely choppy. So choppy Its making
me not want to listen to music.
	Lastly, Mr. Forsyth, I'd appreciate it
if you could send me a copy of your mmc.c for
cd writing with ATAPI cdrws. Are your alterations
r4 compliant? I'm still having problems writing
cds on r4 with my Plextor. Google doesn't post
your gzip in :
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&frame=right&th=440a7ccd8d3d347c&seekm=20020422164009.5A34C19980%40mail.cse.psu.edu#link4
If you could send it via email plz send to
northern_snow78@yahoo.com Currently my 7f
network is offline. (It relies on the plan9
machines).
Thanks in advance for any help. I'd hate to
migrate back to r3, but, I need these above
things for my daily work. Voice synth and vid,
etc.
Don