* Re: [9fans] auth
@ 2002-04-29 14:30 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2002-04-29 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the keys are fine.  as things stand, though, unless i've missed
something, you'll need an auth server that takes its root from kfs,
because if a cpu server takes its root only from a file server, 9/boot
expects factotum to authenticate for it, and normal factotum expects
an authentication server to make the tickets for it.

(i've temporarily got an abnormal factotum that can make its
own ticket for a server if the auth server isn't there yet.)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1453 bytes --]

To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] auth
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:26:21 +0200

A silly question.
Can the auth database be used as-is to upgrade a 3rd
ed cpu server to a 4th ed one?

Otherwise all my users will have to enter their passwords again.

thanks

* Re: [9fans] auth
@ 2002-04-29 14:35 presotto
From: presotto @ 2002-04-29 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

yes

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1377 bytes --]

From: Fco.J.Ballesteros <nemo@plan9.escet.urjc.es>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:26:21 +0200

A silly question.
Can the auth database be used as-is to upgrade a 3rd
ed cpu server to a 4th ed one?

Otherwise all my users will have to enter their passwords again.

thanks

* [9fans] auth
@ 2002-04-29 14:26 Fco.J.Ballesteros